2013 Premierships


A great weekend of hockey for the club with one men's and one women's team successful in their quest for Grand Final glory.

The Metro 2 Women won in sudden death extra time 2-1 against Grange.  Jacquie Lavis striking a penalty corner goal during regulation time.  Lesley Dean scored the winning goal in extra time from another PC with the goalie on the ground trying to cover the ball. 

The Metro 2 Men played strong across the field, scoring 2 goals in the first half from Daniel Jasiowski and a tomahawk from Michael Wells.  Having the better of the play, they were able to hold out for the 2-0 win.

Let's not forget that we were also well represented in other grades with the M3 Men going down in a valiant fight 2-1 to Port.  The M3 Women were part of history as, along with the M2 Women, it is the first time we have had two women's teams playing in Grand Finals.  The M3 Women going down 3-1 to Seacliff.


Two more premierships with the PL Men and Masters Men coming up trumps in their games.  The below summary is from Hockey SA...

As the sunshine fell behind the trees the Premier League men’s grand final and main pitch tower lights roared into action with an eagerly awaited show down between Seacliff and North East. Setting the scene for this match read like a “who’s who” in this year’s Premier League. The Seacliff entourage consisting of Coach of the Year Mark Dell’Oro, Amadio Wines Best and Fairest winner Glyn Tamlin and third highest goal scorer Lachlan Seabrook was nothing short of remarkable against a spirited North East side comprising three players from the team of the year, including seasoned Premier League dignitary Ian Wishart and Amadio Wines Best and Fairest runner up Wil Telfer.

As the curtain closed on season 2013, the experience of North East in their fifth consecutive grand final appearance prevailed. With Ben Sutherland scoring once and an own goal, North East earned their second blue pennant against an aggressive never say die Seacliff. Glyn Tamlin scored Seacliff’s only goal in a match that was hotter than the day’s summer like conditions.

The Masters Men were at 1 all at the end of regulation time, the goal scored by Paul Whiting from a PC breakdown.  In the first 2 minutes of extra time, Seacliff were awarded a Penalty Stroke which was brilliantly saved by Hayden Harper.  Inside the last 2 minutes of the second period of extra time, Phil Shaw slotted home the winner.